I know you’ve seen these makeup applicators on the internet. They are almost like egg-shaped sponges with a small hole in one end. I am here to tell you how to use them! The beauty blender is best used damp, but it can be used dry too – make sure that your skin is completely cleansed before application. Take the sponge and gently press it into your pores, applying gentle pressure until all of your skin has been covered by the product. You should see some excess foundation on the top side of the sponge; this means that you need more coverage in areas with wrinkles or lines (such as around your mouth). Once satisfied with the coverage, bounce out any excess product to not settle into fine lines.
Perfecting your makeup application has never been easier: Achieving a flawless finish is as simple as using a Beauty Blender. These egg-shaped sponges effectively absorb excess product and bacteria, keeping the makeup you apply on your face (and not in the sponge). The unique material is exceptionally light and durable, making it easy to maneuver around all of those tricky spots like the under-eye area, corners of the nose and forehead, and hard-to-reach places like the sides of your neck. In addition, each one comes with an open cell structure that fills with small amounts of water when wet, so they can be used damp or dry, depending on how much coverage you need.
Guide to use a makeup sponge
- Once they are dry, take the beauty blender out of the case and rinse it with warm water until all of the makeup has been removed (you can also use cleansing wipes if that is more convenient).
- Dry your beauty blender with a towel or let it air-dry overnight for best results (it will be less likely to suck up any dirt/ bacteria this way).
- To store, insert the spoon end into the “cup” part of Beautyblender’s packaging (which doubles as a cleaner) and place it in a cool, dry place (like your linen closet).
- Now that you’re all set up, it’s time to apply your makeup! First, apply moisturizer and primer as usual on areas of the face where you tend to get oily (side of T-zone) and around the mouth and any dry patches like your cheeks or forehead (dry spots need moisture too!).
- Next, take a pea-sized amount of foundation with the tip of the blender and tap it on the powderpuff portion on top of the beauty blender (this allows for better buffing), then press into the skin with a damp sponge until the product is completely blended.
- Overall, Avoid harsh lines by “drawing” them with one stroke from nose/ear down.
How to clean your makeup sponge
Did you know that your makeup sponges, brushes can hold a lot of bacteria? So even if you clean them regularly, they will still be dirty after some time.
This is because they are porous or fuzzy; dirt particles can easily get trapped into these areas, thus creating excellent conditions for the growth of germs.
Moreover, reusing sponges/brushes without cleaning them regularly can cause skin irritations, thus leading to rashes, especially around the T-zone area (nose, chin & forehead). It could also lead to acne breakouts. Poor hygiene can cause infections since it gives a chance for bacteria and viruses to grow in moist environments (like makeup sponges).
Firstly, pour the water into a small bowl, grab your makeup sponge with both hands and press it under the water (so as much water as possible goes inside). After that, release it and place it on a flat surface.
Then, take a teaspoon of vinegar and pour it over the sponge. Gently press the scrubby side of your sponge onto a surface (to squeeze out all of the water). Finally, place your sponge flat on a towel to dry. And here you go! Your makeup sponge is ready for use once again! 🙂