In the current fashion trend, wearing miniskirts is a big hit. Young ladies have been seen wearing these in real life and appearing in photoshoots for adverts or magazines. Miniskirts are so stylish that almost every woman wants to wear them in her wardrobe.
There are many reasons why women love wearing miniskirts. They can be worn on formal or casual occasions, they look great with heels and boots and make legs appear longer. However, one issue that some women have is how to wear them without looking too revealing. So here are some tips on how to wear miniskirts the right way.
How to style mini skirts
Wearing a mini skirt is not an easy task. It takes a lot of courage and confidence to pull it off right. Miniskirts are meant for women with slim legs, toned thighs, and perfect hips. If you do not have all these things, wearing a mini skirt can make you look awkward. Here are some tips that will help you wear the perfect mini skirt:
- Make sure your top matches your bottom half before stepping out in a mini skirt
- Wear heels while wearing a short hemline to balance out your proportions
- The length of the hem should be below the knee cap to avoid looking indecent.
Ideas to pair your miniskirts with
It is the ideal time now to shop for those miniskirts as they are stylish and trendy, and comfortable to wear. In this article, we have come up with some ideas on how you can pair your miniskirts with –
- T-shirts – There is no need to buy a completely new outfit when you already have a mini skirt in your wardrobe. Just put on that favorite tee of yours underneath your skirt, and voila, you are ready to party! You can also try different tees with the same skirt to create a chic look, like wearing one oversized top under another smaller mini skirt.
- Leggings – Sometimes, we might not want to reveal what we are wearing underneath our skirts, and in such cases, leggings come very handy. You can either pair your mini skirt with a loose-fitting legging or skin-fit skinny jeggings. If you prefer the latter, then try pairing them with boots and jackets for an edgy look.
- Rompers – Rompers also make great pairings with miniskirts for a laidback yet chic look. And again, if you choose to wear leggings underneath your romper, there is no need to worry about what people might think of you, like the outfit will be covered from head to toe!
- Long Sleeves – Now, you can try different combinations by putting on a long-sleeved top over your short mini skirt; however, make sure that the sleeves do not cover the skirt, or it looks like you are wearing two garments at once.
- Blazers – If you want to go for the office look, then layering up blazers with your skirts is an excellent idea. Also, if you stick to dark shades of jackets and keep lighter shades for your blouses, it will give your outfit more balance.